These are examples of projects we’d consider – but we’d love yours to be different and to think outside the box! We’re looking for unique, stand-out projects! Blow our minds!
- Example – A local youth centre is only open 3 days a week, but young people have all expressed a desire for it to be used and open more to help with homework, key skills, or to ensure that they have a warm place to go during winter – funding from #IdeasMadeReal will fund an additional youth worker to be onsite 1 day a week for 6months to work with over 300 additional young people.
- Example – A group of college students with ambitions for their campus to be more green and sustainable want to get funding to help install solar panels on one of their building to reduce energy costs and use renewable energy.
- Example – A group of students from Walsall want to design a social benefit app to bring young people in their community closer together and promote positive activities and events that they can access.
- Example – A group of young people want to develop a community garden to help provide families and orgnasitons with fresh fruit, salad and vegetables. Funding will help them rent the land, buy the tools and equipment needed to set up and help promote.
- Example – A young person from Birmingham is concerned that a bridge on her way home along the canal is too dark and feels unsafe, she wants to design and brighten up the space to make it feel less unwelcoming and safer particularly young people when walking through.
- Example – Local sports club have a building which is dire repair – in particular it requires a girls changing room. There is space and a need with over 50 young girls playing each week. Funding will allow them to design the space, refurbish and set it up properly as a safe space for them to get ready and prepared.
To submit an application, please click here: https://www.birmingham2022.com/gen22/ideas-made-real