Birmingham 2022 is the Games for everyone and we’re looking for volunteers that reflect the diverse communities of Birmingham, the West Midlands and the UK.
Volunteers must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old by 1 January 2022.
- You must be available to volunteer for the full duration of the Games (28 July – 8 August 2022) period and commit to complete a minimum of eight volunteer shifts;
- You must be able to speak and read English or communicate using British Sign Language (BSL);
- You must be eligible to volunteer in the UK;
- You must agree to and pass relevant security risk assessment checks;
- You will be required to accept the volunteer role and venue you are offered;
- You must complete and attend all required training.
You don’t need any formal qualifications or experience to apply to be a volunteer. If you have any specific skills or qualifications, you can let us know in your application and we’ll do all we can to assign you to a role that’s relevant to your experience.
- We welcome applications from people who also speak additional languages, and you can let us know about this in your application.